Saturday, May 12, 2007

Ein Gedi 2

Kris and I have enjoyed our stays in these Kibbutz'si--partly bec of all the fresh vegetables grown in their surrounding fields. Fresh and flavorful without the perservatives of most of our supermarket foods. I've discovered a new found interest in the provenance of the food I'm eating. I want the food grown near to where I live--for some reason. Anyway, this is a culinary adventure here in Israel.
This morning we stopped at Bet Shean--where the bodies of Saul and Jonathan were hung on the walls by the Phillistines. The men of jabesh gilead snuck up and won great fame for taking the disgraced bodies down from the wall and burying them properly.
We also stopped by Qumran enroute and decided that the essenes were a bit weird.
Tomorrow after a float in the Dead Sea, we'll head to Jerusalem.
Well, we're stuffed from dinner and may just hit the rack.
Jay and kris

Sent via BlackBerry

No comments: