Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A nite with friends

Spent a lovely night with Ben and Heather and family -- we wrestled with what it means to be a Christfollower in difficult times and places. I love hearing how God has so expanded their heart for the world. Meeting little Biriuk--their adopted son from Ethiopia--was a hoot. What a cutie.
Kris meanwhile was kidnapped by Nadal, a Jordanian friend. Apparently, they saw the highlights of the city, got caught up on life and family. Jordanians have this wonderful but different sense of gracious hospitality.
We're meeting lots of friends of the Jonssons tomorrow.
I'm running out of clean shirts -- the heat, the walking, the dripping falafals have pushed me thru my whole wardrobe. I need to learn how to pack and dress--if I'm going to travel like this a lot. Shorts are not big in Arab countries or in Africa. Do they need missionaries in Hawaii?
Sent via BlackBerry

No comments: